Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Another trip to "the ranch"

I use the term ranch loosely. By definition a ranch is a large farm, usually in the western United States to raise cattle, horse or sheep and since the land has only one goat, that thinks its a dog, and two gay cows technically we should call it something else but the kids like to call it "the ranch" so I go with it.

It had been a while since we had gone down so last week the kids and I loaded up in the car and headed out. Truly I wasn't sure if Bear was going to make it if we hadn't gone. The boy wakes each morning only in the hopes that we might be going there.
Grandma and Timbo playing patty cake in the hammock. I think we need five more of these, it seems to be every bodies favorite spot. I know it's one of my favorite spots, I love to lay there and read in the peace and quite while the kids do things like

play in the trash can.
It's okay mom, it didn't really have trash in it just, cars for the kids.

It gets hot out there so it's important to have your water with you to ensure you don't become dehydrated.

After seeing this face I think you might need to carry a defibrillator around too but that wouldn't be very convenient.
Now I want you all to meet Sarah the new dog, I mean goat. Not only does she think she needs constant companionship she is also trying to make us all think she has asthma of some sort. She like to break out in dramatic wheezing coughs when you try to herd her in the cow pen. Personally I think she just doesn't want to associate with the sinful calfs. Of course that may not be it at all. She also broke out in coughs after Bears ride. Those coughs may have been from hearing him yell "I'm a cowboy, I'm a cowboy!", most cowboys don't play Barbies but I believe you buddy.

This had to be my favorite moment of the trip. I sat next to them for a while pretending to read my book but then I couldn't help myself and had to capture the moment.
We are glad to have Jared home, even if only for a little while.

No comments: