Sunday, August 16, 2009

A first

Quite some many months ago I began getting comments from an unknown woman. I began reading her blog as well. It wasn't long before we struck up a conversation about a trip Jeff and I took with the kids and our friendship grew from there.

I asked her recently how she found my blog and she can't remember, probably blog hopping, (isn't that how most of us found each other) but I know that God sent her to me at just the right time, months before I would need her so that I would learn to trust this sister in Christ. She has been a listening ear, a sounding board and someone to pray with.

Nicole invited me to a bloggy get together. Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of doing something like this, it's so out of my comfort zone, but I am learning to be a new me so I decided to go ahead a join them. I am so glad that I did. We met in this lovely tea room that is ajoined to an antique store.

Jen and Dina brought wonderful things to nibble on. Jen had us all go around the room introducing ourselves and our blogsites. In the 17 ladies that were there we had quite a variety of women all in different stages of our lives. Some with kids, some with no kids, three moms with quad's, some looking for work, some content with being at home, some married, some engaged, some divorced, and many many women who like to decorate.

I am glad that Jen had us switch around to different tables a few times. It gave me an opportunity to meet a new friend. We share a love of dark nail polish, I look forward to catching up on her blog.


See Daddy it's not just me, Alicia is wearing black polish too.
(Jen, Me, Alicia, Nicole)

Me and Nicole

Here are a couple of candid pictures from the night. We were all so busy talking that most of us didn't take that many pictures.



Thanks Jen for organizing all of this.

4 comments:

Frugal Jen said...

I enjoyed meeting you in person! It was great to chat and just hang out. I look forward to getting together again!

Dina said...

It was so great to meet you on Friday night!

Nicole said...

I really, really, really had fun, didn't you?? It was so good to get to talk to you and hug you!! You are such an awesome and brave woman and I am so excited to call you my real life friend!!! We will definitely be getting together again!!!!

Take care of yourself! And, by that I mean, do what God would want you to do to take care of yourself. Don't worry about what anybody else tells you (even me!!)

Love you!
Nicole

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

I so thought I commented on this post. but when I was catching up from the past few weeks, I realized I hadn't! It was so wonderful to meet you, and I hope we continue to chat through our blogs! And of course I love that I have found a fellow dark nail polish lover! Today it's a deep sparkly purple!